Every time we sell a Solis inverter monitoring wifi stick, next day we get the question on how to set it up? One of our customers from the United Kingdom shared his experience on the installation process and he was so kind to send it to us. So here we go:
Key steps for setting up monitoring for a Ginlong Solis solar inverter
Firstly, sync the datalogger onto your WiFi network by:
- On a smart device forget all WiFi networks it is currently connecting to
- Connect to the WiFi network with SSID AP_xxxx (where xxxx is the serial number of the datalogger) it will warn you there is no internet, this is because it doesn’t have internet yet.
- Open any browser (Safari, Chrome etc) on the smart device
- In the access bar type in the ip address of the datalogger (10.10.100.254)
- You will be prompted with a username and password
- Type in “admin” (without quotes) for both username and password
- Run through the wizard: select the wifi network with internet, click next; then type in the password for that network, click next; click next until it says OK; then it will say close this page manually and it will restart
- Close the browser
If you cannot see the WiFi network (AP_XXXX) then you need to remove the black antenna on the bottom of the datalogger to get the datalogger back into configuration mode.
Then setup your monitoring account on https://m.ginlong.com :
- Register an account
- Create a plant
- Add the serial number (of the datalogger)
Buy Ginlong Solis inverter monitoring dongle (WIFI, LAN, GPRS) >>
Note: The specific steps and procedures for setting up monitoring for Ginlong Solis inverters may vary depending on the model, firmware version, and monitoring platform used. It’s recommended to refer to the user manual, installation guide, or contact Ginlong Solis customer support for detailed instructions and assistance.
Solis Cloud Monitoring
SolisCloud is the new generation of intelligent PV system monitoring.
For installers, the new system automatically registers the homeowner after you build the site and offers many more features to speed up your install time.
For O&M users, the new platform features a full size display of all your installations with real-time data. You will have an intelligent alarm system that gives recommendations to quickly repair your field faults.
The system has in-depth analysis tools that allow you to understand the overall health of your system. One of these tools includes IV curve scanning, which can be done easily and quickly on your whole system with a touch of a button.
For new and advanced users, a live power flow display gives visibility of standard solar systems, advanced commercial sites as well as storage systems.
Ginlong Solis Cloud Leading Features
- Smart I-V curve scan, system health report, string-level fault finding
- Enables multiple team management across different sectors
- Manage multiple types of systems across residential, commercial and utility scale plants
- Connecting with multiple types of devices seamlessly, Inverters, export power managers, weather stations etc.
- Clear and concise display of system performance and benefits including carbon emissions saved and equivalent trees planted as well as showing system yield & earnings
Ginlong Solis is a leading global manufacturer of solar inverters, which are devices that convert direct current (DC) power generated by solar panels into alternating current (AC) power that can be used to power homes or fed back into the grid. Ginlong Solis offers a variety of inverter models for residential, commercial, and utility-scale solar installations.
Ginlong Solis provides monitoring solutions for their inverters, allowing users to track the performance of their solar systems in real-time and optimize their energy production. There are several options for Ginlong Solis inverter monitoring:
- Ginlong Solis Portal: Ginlong Solis has an online portal called “Ginlong Solis Portal” where users can register and create an account to monitor their inverters. The portal provides comprehensive monitoring features, including real-time monitoring of solar power generation, historical performance data, fault detection and alerts, and remote firmware updates. Users can access the portal via a web browser on their computer or through a mobile app on their smartphones.
- Ginlong Home App: Ginlong Solis also offers a mobile app called “Ginlong Home” that allows users to monitor their inverters on their smartphones. The app provides real-time monitoring of solar power generation, historical performance data, and alert notifications for any system issues. Users can also configure system settings and update firmware through the app.
- Third-party Monitoring Platforms: Ginlong Solis inverters are compatible with various third-party monitoring platforms, such as SolarMAN, PVoutput, and Solar Analytics, among others. These platforms provide additional monitoring features, including data analysis, energy consumption tracking, and system performance comparison.
It’s important to note that the availability of monitoring features may vary depending on the specific model of Ginlong Solis inverter and the region where it is installed. Users should refer to the user manual or contact Ginlong Solis customer support for specific information on how to set up and access inverter monitoring for their system.
6 easy steps on how to set up monitoring for solis inverter
To set up monitoring for a Ginlong Solis inverter, you can follow these general steps:
- Register and create an account: Visit the Ginlong Solis portal website or download the Ginlong Home app on your smartphone. Register for an account by providing the necessary information, such as your email address, system information, and inverter serial number.
- Connect the inverter to the monitoring platform: Depending on the model of your Ginlong Solis inverter, there are different ways to connect it to the monitoring platform. This may involve connecting the inverter to your home Wi-Fi network or using an Ethernet cable to establish a wired connection. Refer to the inverter’s user manual for detailed instructions on how to establish the connection.
- Configure monitoring settings: Once the inverter is connected to the monitoring platform, you may need to configure some settings, such as time zone, language, and system parameters. These settings may vary depending on the monitoring platform used, so follow the instructions provided by the platform or refer to the user manual for guidance.
- Access monitoring data: Once the inverter is connected and configured, you should be able to access monitoring data through the Ginlong Solis portal or the Ginlong Home app, or any other third-party monitoring platform you may be using. This data may include real-time solar power generation, historical performance data, system status, and alerts for any issues detected.
- Set up notifications: It’s a good practice to set up notifications or alerts to receive updates on your system’s performance and any potential issues. This can help you quickly identify and address any problems with your Ginlong Solis inverter or solar system.
- Regularly monitor and optimize: Once your Ginlong Solis inverter monitoring is set up, it’s important to regularly monitor the performance of your solar system and optimize its operation. Review the monitoring data regularly to ensure your system is generating the expected amount of energy and to detect any performance issues or faults that may require attention.
Ningbo Ginlong Technologies World Headquarters is located in Zhejiang, China. The Ginlong Wind Products and PV Inverter Product manufacturing facilities, also located in Ningbo, feature state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment in one of the largest renewable energy equipment manufacturing facilities in Asia. The company has representatives all across the globe with sales and customer service offices in Europe, the United States and Australia. Ginlong Technologies has grown to be a highly specialized company focused on research, development, design and manufacturing of very high quality small-scale wind turbine equipment and solar pv inverters. Shop for solar power inverter and monitoring components from NASDAQ and Bloomberg listed manufacturers at best price; suitable for all weather conditions.